TRAVEL UPDATE – COVID-19 CUSTOMER INFORMATION
Dear Small Ship Enthusiasts,
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step – in our world, a nautical mile, – as we lift our anchors on July 24th 2020 and set sail returning to the roots of our Greek heritage.
Following a carefully crafted step-by-step safety & comfort protocol we return to the seas responsibly in our homeland Greece that handled the health crisis in an exemplary way, praised by media worldwide allowing Greece to once again raise her flag with pride, compassion, and hope for all. For the families that have been directly affected by this horrible crisis we send you our warmest wishes and are here for you holding your hand in spirit.
Since our inception in 1949 we have weathered a lot and have grown stronger and wiser with each passing storm… and for that we are grateful, because history is written with both achievements, but also with challenges. We believe that travel is more than just a luxury, but a way of life; a public function necessary for our growth and evolution, and at times like these… for inner healing; so we invite you to join us once again with the safety and compassion of our family of guests, crew & communities we visit at the core of all that we stand for.
Please review our updated safety protocols detailed hereunder and let us know if we can address any of your questions or concerns.
We will be continually monitoring the situation to provide you with timely updates on our future cruise operations.
We look forward to welcoming you back on board our small ships.
The Variety Cruises Family
PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES ON OUR YACHTS, SO YOU CAN TRAVEL WITH CONFIDENCE
With the consultation of The World Health Organization (WHO), we have adopted the below measures and sanitation protocols on board our small ships since the beginning of the outbreak. Up to today, and following these protocols across our fleet, we have not had a COVID-19 case on board our yachts.
Policies currently in place include:
- Mandatory pre-boarding health reporting and screening
- Health & Sanitation Protocols on board our yachts
- Crew Outbreak response plan and outbreak prevention protocols
A.MANDATORY PRE-EMBARKATION SCREENING
We have implemented pre-cruise screening for all guests and crew. This includes:
All passengers and crew will be screened prior embarkation and every morning during the cruise for:
a) Body temperature
b) Blood oxygen content
c) Infectious antibodies
Boarding will be denied to any guest or crew who has, within 14 days of embarkation:
- have experienced any flu-like symptoms, including fever, cough, and difficulty in breathing
- have had close contact with, or helped care for, anyone suspected or diagnosed as having COVID-19, or who is currently subject to health monitoring for possible exposure to COVID-19
B. WHILE ON BOARD /DURING THE CRUISE
General Hygiene Practices & Standards
- Usage of sanitizer dispensers are mandatory at embarkation/disembarkation as well as prior to entry at Restaurant area at meals
- Tour coaches will be limited to half capacity & sanitized before each use
- Avoiding rush hours in archaeological sites
- Swim stops away from the crowded beaches
- Daily UV sterilization of all staterooms and public areas
- Higher frequency with increased levels of sanitization and disinfection in guests’ cabins with hospital grade disinfectants, including twice daily wipe-down of guest cabins and guests cabin corridors
- Injection of diluted cleaning solution into drains to avoid clogged pipes and preventing bacterial growth
- Disinfection of all air-conditioning and ventilation ducts
- High-touch areas such as handrails, buttons, table-tops, door handles etc. will be sterilized every hour
- Lounge-Bar areas and Restaurant Areas including galleys: sterilized before, during and after service
Food Hygiene Practices & Standards
- Guest seating will ensure ample spacing; disposable cutlery will be provided, upon request.
- Self-service at F&B buffet restaurants will be suspended. All food & beverages will be served to guests by crew members wearing face masks & disposable gloves.
C. CREW MEMBERS
Practices & Standards
- Twice daily temperature checks.
- Our Crew receives professional health and hygiene training
- COVID-19 outbreak seminars are carried out across our fleet of small ship cruises
Some measures will remain in effect in certain countries and are subject to change at any time as we evaluate the situation and continue to consult with local health authorities as well as the WHO.
For frequently asked questions and information regarding COVID-19, please visit the following websites: http://www.visitgreece.gr/en/home/about_covid_19